Fun on your own
Having fun on your own can be great as you get to make all of the decisions. It can also give you a sense of taking control of your life. Realising that you can have fun on your own can give you a great sense of personal power.
This is important after an accident, when you might feel you are losing your independence. Some ways to have fun on your own include:
Do not be afraid to have fun by yourself. You might want to look at the page on Safety for some tips on going out alone.
- Exploring your suburb
- Going to a library
- Seeing the movie of your choice
- Reading a book
- Listening to your favourite music
- Visiting a museum or art gallery
- Writing fictional stories or writing about your experiences
- Playing card games or action games with people on the internet
Sometimes, when you are going through rehabilitation or adjusting to life's changes, it can be very peaceful just to have time to yourself. Use this time to do things that you enjoy!
One thing you must always remember is that you have a right to have fun! It does not matter whether you do this alone, or in a group.